Microsoft Hotmail is receiving a Metro makeover and possibly a new name
According to some leaked screenshots that liveside.net has picked up, Microsoft Hotmail is receiving a new Metro look and perhaps a new name.
If you look at the screenshots available you can see that there is a new name for the mail service called “Newmail”. There has been a lot of rumors flourishing about this name, if Microsoft actually will change the name of their service. According to TechCrunch, the name “Newmail” is only a placeholder name and will not be a replacement for the Hotmail name. It looks like Microsoft is attempting to connect all their services such as Skydrive, Calendar and People, into a unified system. This most likely means that they will also change the appearance of these services as well.
For me, this is good news as I personally like the whole clean look of the Metro style 🙂
About the author
Daniel Classon works as a Senior Consultant at Mansoft, focusing on Microsoft Configuration Manager, Windows 10 and Powershell
- How to install .NET Framework 3.5 on Windows Server 2012 and Windows Server 2012 R2 943,499 views
- Issue with mounting new ISO files from TechNet in Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 Preview 62,872 views
- Solution to OSD issue 80072ee7 28,872 views
- Powershell: Script to set Outlook 2010/2013 signature using information populated from Active Directory 30,388 views
- Guide: How to get PXE boot to work in Hyper-V 100,011 views
- Guide: How to force specific sites to always run in Compatibility View using Group Policy 136,079 views
- How to change between a Full Installation (GUI) and Server Core in Windows Server 2012 63,071 views
- Hyper-V: Issue when starting virtual machine from downloaded ISO file 6,989 views
- Guide: Solving WDS issue with DHCP port conflict 10,683 views
- How to create a bootable Windows 8 USB using Diskpart 29,637 views