Command to check Bitlocker status in Windows 10
Bitlocker is Microsoft’s encryption method and was introduced with Windows Vista. Enabling encryption in your environment is generally recommended to increase security. This blog post describes how to check Bitlocker status in Windows 10.
After enabling Bitlocker in your organization, you might want a simple command for checking the encryption status of a client.
With the help of this simple command, you can see the encryption status. This command can also be run remotely on a client.
manage-bde -status c:
- Microsoft Docs: Bitlocker Overview
- Why Bitlocker allocates all your free disk space
- How to elevate to administrator permissions within a Powershell window
About the author
Daniel Classon works as a Senior Consultant at Mansoft, focusing on Microsoft Configuration Manager, Windows 10 and Powershell
- How to install .NET Framework 3.5 on Windows Server 2012, Windows Server 2016 and Windows 10 966,050 views
- Issue with mounting new ISO files from TechNet in Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 Preview 63,837 views
- 2 steps to solving SCCM deployment error “sending with winhttp failed; 80072ee7” in Windows PE 31,550 views
- Powershell: Script to set Outlook 2010/2013 signature using information populated from Active Directory 32,098 views
- How to get PXE to work in Hyper-V for Legacy Boot 108,236 views
- How to force specific sites to always run in Compatibility View using Group Policy 143,821 views
- How to change between a Full Installation (GUI) and Server Core in Windows Server 2012 64,082 views
- How to solve WDS issue with DHCP port conflict 12,114 views
- Hyper-V: Issue when starting virtual machine from downloaded ISO file 7,471 views
- Command to check Bitlocker status in Windows 10 119,067 views