Guide: How to remove a Primary Site in SCCM 2007
Removing a Primary Site in System Center Configuration Manager 2007 is not quite the same as removing a Secondary Site.
Basically, what you need to do is to de-attach the Primary Site from it’s Parent (The Central Site).
Here is how you do it:
Open the SCCM console:
Connect to the Site Database of the Primary Site -> Right-click the Primary Site and select Properties
Change from “Report to parent site:” to “Central site”
Press OK and the uninstallation of the primary site will start 🙂 If you connect to the Central Site, you will see that it will not be visible any more.
About the author
Daniel Classon works as a Senior Consultant at Mansoft, focusing on Microsoft Configuration Manager, Windows 10 and Powershell
- How to install .NET Framework 3.5 on Windows Server 2012 and Windows Server 2012 R2 943,497 views
- Issue with mounting new ISO files from TechNet in Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 Preview 62,872 views
- Solution to OSD issue 80072ee7 28,871 views
- Powershell: Script to set Outlook 2010/2013 signature using information populated from Active Directory 30,388 views
- Guide: How to get PXE boot to work in Hyper-V 100,011 views
- Guide: How to force specific sites to always run in Compatibility View using Group Policy 136,079 views
- How to change between a Full Installation (GUI) and Server Core in Windows Server 2012 63,071 views
- Hyper-V: Issue when starting virtual machine from downloaded ISO file 6,989 views
- Guide: Solving WDS issue with DHCP port conflict 10,683 views
- How to create a bootable Windows 8 USB using Diskpart 29,637 views