Guide: How to force clients to re-run an advertisement in SCCM 2007
In SCCM 2007, once a client has run an advertisement, it will not run it again by default.
If you want to force the clients to rerun the advertisement automatically, you have to change the date of the schedule for the advertisement.
Here’s how you do it:
Start by going to Computer Management -> Software Distribution -> Advertisements -> Select the Advertiement -> Right-Click -> Properties
Go to the “Schedule” tab. In order to force the clients to re-run an Advertisement, you need a Mandatory assignment. In this case, there is already one, and we choose the middle button.
If you were to create a new Mandatory assignment, you would have chosen the icon to the left, representing a sun.
After clicking on the button, select Schedule. You could also change to “Assign immediately after this event”, which basically does the same thing.
Change the date to something else, but the date needs to be earler than today’s date.
Now, you need to change “Program rerun behavior”. If you select something other than “Always rerun program”, you will most likely not succeed in re-running the advertisement on all clients that the advertisement is advertised to.
Press OK to close the dialog box. The clients should now re-run the advertisement as soon as their policy has refreshed. The default time for this is every 60 minutes.
- Guide: How to change Client Policy polling interval in SCCM 2007
- Guide: How to force specific sites to always run in Compatibility View using Group Policy
- SCCM 2007: How to make a mandatory advertisement show in “Run Advertised Programs”
- Guide: How to remove a Primary Site in SCCM 2007
- Difference between Updating a Distribution Point and Refreshing a Distribution Point in SCCM 2007
About the author
Daniel Classon works as a Senior Consultant at Mansoft, focusing on Microsoft Configuration Manager, Windows 10 and Powershell
- How to install .NET Framework 3.5 on Windows Server 2012 and Windows Server 2012 R2 934,562 views
- Issue with mounting new ISO files from TechNet in Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 Preview 62,574 views
- Solution to OSD issue 80072ee7 28,379 views
- Powershell: Script to set Outlook 2010/2013 signature using information populated from Active Directory 29,949 views
- Guide: How to get PXE boot to work in Hyper-V 98,334 views
- Guide: How to force specific sites to always run in Compatibility View using Group Policy 134,222 views
- How to change between a Full Installation (GUI) and Server Core in Windows Server 2012 62,837 views
- Hyper-V: Issue when starting virtual machine from downloaded ISO file 6,894 views
- Guide: Solving WDS issue with DHCP port conflict 10,402 views
- How to create a bootable Windows 8 USB using Diskpart 29,477 views