Issue with mounting new ISO files from TechNet in Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 Preview
Yesterday, I downloaded Windows 8.1 Enterprise Preview, so I could install it on my Surface Pro. I went to TechNet, downloaded the ISO, everything seemed fine, but then I tried to mount the ISO.
This is the error that I received:
“Sorry, there was a problem mounting the file.”
I thought that it might have been my download that was corrupt, so I downloaded it once again, tried to mount it, but still with the same error. My conclusion was that there was something wrong with the ISO from TechNet or that there was some bug in mounting the file in Windows 8.1 Preview.
Today, I downloaded the Windows Server 2012 R2 ISO from TechNet, and tried to mount it on another computer with Windows 8. Same problem as yesterday!
After some Googling around, I found a couple of other people having the same issue. Apparently, there’s a flag that is set on the ISO file, which makes it unmountable.
- Make a copy of the ISO file, place it anywhere and then mount it
I’m not sure why this happens, but if you have any more information about this issue, please leave a comment!
About the author
Daniel Classon works as a Senior Consultant at Mansoft, focusing on Microsoft Configuration Manager, Windows 10 and Powershell
- How to install .NET Framework 3.5 on Windows Server 2012 and Windows Server 2012 R2 948,050 views
- Issue with mounting new ISO files from TechNet in Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 Preview 63,011 views
- Solution to OSD issue 80072ee7 29,140 views
- Powershell: Script to set Outlook 2010/2013 signature using information populated from Active Directory 30,611 views
- Guide: How to get PXE boot to work in Hyper-V 101,067 views
- Guide: How to force specific sites to always run in Compatibility View using Group Policy 136,995 views
- How to change between a Full Installation (GUI) and Server Core in Windows Server 2012 63,172 views
- Hyper-V: Issue when starting virtual machine from downloaded ISO file 7,054 views
- Guide: Solving WDS issue with DHCP port conflict 10,843 views
- How to create a bootable Windows 8 USB using Diskpart 29,716 views