SCCM OSD issue: Kernel-Mode Driver Framework
Have you seen this error when trying to deploy a new machine model?
“Windows could not configure one or more system components. To install Windows, restart the computer and then restart the installation.”
It is most likely due to the fact that the base image is not updated with the latest Kernel Mode Driver a Framework, which currently is 1.11.
You can download the hot fix separately here:
This patch is also included in the latest Windows Update patches, so if your image is fully updated, you shouldn’t be seeing this issue.
As far as I know there are three different solutions for this issue:
1. Update the base image with the hotfix.
2. Install the newest updates on the base image. The hotfix is included in the Windows Update patches.
3. Inject the hotfix offline. I have not tried this myself, but here is a blog post on how to do it:
About the author
Daniel Classon works as a Senior Consultant at Mansoft, focusing on Microsoft Configuration Manager, Windows 10 and Powershell
- How to install .NET Framework 3.5 on Windows Server 2012 and Windows Server 2012 R2 943,497 views
- Issue with mounting new ISO files from TechNet in Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 Preview 62,872 views
- Solution to OSD issue 80072ee7 28,871 views
- Powershell: Script to set Outlook 2010/2013 signature using information populated from Active Directory 30,388 views
- Guide: How to get PXE boot to work in Hyper-V 100,011 views
- Guide: How to force specific sites to always run in Compatibility View using Group Policy 136,079 views
- How to change between a Full Installation (GUI) and Server Core in Windows Server 2012 63,071 views
- Hyper-V: Issue when starting virtual machine from downloaded ISO file 6,989 views
- Guide: Solving WDS issue with DHCP port conflict 10,683 views
- How to create a bootable Windows 8 USB using Diskpart 29,637 views