The other day I was at a customer and I ran in to this problem:
Empty location for package: _SMSTSBEN0004A
At this customer, the Task Sequence was set to Access content directly from the distribution point, which is an option I usually don’t set, because I prefer to download the image first to the client before applying it.
Keep in mind if you use this option, you need to check both these checkboxes:
1. Go to the Options tab of the Apply Operating System step in the Task Sequence to find the option Access content directly from the distribution point.
2. Go to Properties of the OS Image and go to the Data Access tab to find the option Copy the content in this package share on distribution points.
At the end of the day, I ended up with removing both of these check boxes. However, if you want to use this option, remember to check both of these check boxes.
- How To Install .NET Framework 3.5 on Windows Server 2012, Windows Server 2016 and Windows 10 968,512 views
- Issue with mounting new ISO files from TechNet in Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 Preview 63,986 views
- Solve SCCM Error “sending with winhttp failed; 80072ee7” in Windows PE 31,936 views
- Powershell: Script to set Outlook 2010/2013 signature using information populated from Active Directory 32,304 views
- How To Enable PXE in Hyper-V for Legacy Boot 109,458 views
- How to force specific sites to always run in Compatibility View using Group Policy 145,168 views
- How to change between a Full Installation (GUI) and Server Core in Windows Server 2012 64,346 views
- How To Solve WDS Issue with DHCP Port Conflict 12,350 views
- Hyper-V: Issue when starting virtual machine from downloaded ISO file 7,554 views
- How To Check Bitlocker Status using the Command Line 120,122 views
About the author
Daniel Classon works as a Senior Consultant at Mansoft, focusing on Microsoft Configuration Manager, Windows 10 and Powershell
What are Intel Modern Drivers for Graphics? https://t.co/h2d2GJOyJY #ConfigMgr
New blog post: How to deploy HP BIOS settings using SCCM and Powershell: https://t.co/JVKHBN86pN #sccm #configmgr #PowerShell
@miketerrill On topic of this, this might help with the initial clearing! https://t.co/2NnFlDU6lm @SCConfigMgr @modaly_it thank you for sharing
Friday #WaaS Tip: Record full Build Number Key during IPU. Helps support teams know which patch level was installed at time of upgrade to help correlate if any upgrade issues correspond to a specific patch level of the upgrade build. Blog Post Update coming soon (SetOSDinfo)3