Creating multiple deployments for one Automatic Deployment Rule in Configuration Manager 1606
When you are creating a plan for deploying software updates to machines using System Center Configuration Manager, you most likely are creating at least two different deployments: one for pilot and one for production.
If you wanted to completely automate this process prior to ConfigMgr 1511, you were required to create one Automatic Deployment Rule for Pilot and one for Production.
Starting with ConfigMgr 1511, it is possible to create several deployments for one Automatic Deployment Rule, which means you can minimize the amount of Automatic Deployment Rules.
Here is a step by step guide for adding a new deployment to your existing Automatic Deployment Rule. I am assuming that we are adding a deployment to your previous ADR used for Pilot machines.
- Select the Automatic Deployment Rule for which you want to create a new deployment:
2. Right-click and press Add Deployment.
3. Browse for the collection where you want to create the new deployment:
4. Run through the next steps as you would previously when creating a new Automatic Deployment Rule.
5. Done! Now you have two deployments for one Automatic Deployment Rule. In this case, I have one for Pilot and one for Production, where the Production deployment is set with a deadline one week after the Pilot.
About the author
Daniel Classon works as a Senior Consultant at Mansoft, focusing on Microsoft Configuration Manager, Windows 10 and Powershell
- How to install .NET Framework 3.5 on Windows Server 2012 and Windows Server 2012 R2 963,643 views
- Issue with mounting new ISO files from TechNet in Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 Preview 63,715 views
- Solution to OSD issue 80072ee7 31,196 views
- Powershell: Script to set Outlook 2010/2013 signature using information populated from Active Directory 31,889 views
- Guide: How to get PXE boot to work in Hyper-V 107,012 views
- Guide: How to force specific sites to always run in Compatibility View using Group Policy 142,469 views
- How to change between a Full Installation (GUI) and Server Core in Windows Server 2012 63,924 views
- Guide: Solving WDS issue with DHCP port conflict 11,915 views
- Hyper-V: Issue when starting virtual machine from downloaded ISO file 7,408 views
- How to check status of Bitlocker encryption on a client 118,124 views