Issue: Patches stuck in download state when building a Windows 10 1607 image in MDT
The other day I was building a Windows 10 1607 image using Microsoft Deployment Toolkit and I ran in to an issue where patching the included Office 2016 was getting stuck at the downloading phase.
The solution is to apply the latest Windows 10 1607 Cumulative Update during the Windows PE phase.
Here is how you accomplish this:
- Download the latest Windows 10 1607 Cumulative Update. As of writing this post, KB3193494 is the one you should download.
- Open the Deployment Workbench.
- Open the Packages node and create a new folder for Windows 10, which in my case is “Windows 10 Professional 1607”.
- Right-click the folder and select Import OS Packages.
- Create a new selection profile by going to Advanced -> Selection Profiles.
- Give the Selection Profile a name.
- Select the folder you created earlier:
- Edit the Task Sequence and select the selection profile.
- Start upp the client machine used for reference image building and build the reference image 🙂
About the author
Daniel Classon works as a Senior Consultant at Mansoft, focusing on Microsoft Configuration Manager, Windows 10 and Powershell
- How to install .NET Framework 3.5 on Windows Server 2012 and Windows Server 2012 R2 963,643 views
- Issue with mounting new ISO files from TechNet in Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 Preview 63,714 views
- Solution to OSD issue 80072ee7 31,196 views
- Powershell: Script to set Outlook 2010/2013 signature using information populated from Active Directory 31,887 views
- Guide: How to get PXE boot to work in Hyper-V 107,010 views
- Guide: How to force specific sites to always run in Compatibility View using Group Policy 142,467 views
- How to change between a Full Installation (GUI) and Server Core in Windows Server 2012 63,924 views
- Guide: Solving WDS issue with DHCP port conflict 11,915 views
- Hyper-V: Issue when starting virtual machine from downloaded ISO file 7,408 views
- How to check status of Bitlocker encryption on a client 118,124 views