If you want to fully remove an installation of Office, the best way is to use a VBScript called Offscrub, which is provided by Microsoft. This script has been widely used for removing Office 2007, 2010 and 2013.
This script is also available for Office 2016 and Office 365, but it is slightly hidden.
Follow the below instructions:
- To retrieve it, go to this link: https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Uninstall-Office-2013-Office-2016-or-Office-365-from-a-PC-9dd49b83-264a-477a-8fcc-2fdf5dbf61d8?ui=en-US&rs=en-US&ad=US
- Go to Option 2 – Completely uninstall Office with the easy fix tool and download the easy fix tool which is a file called O15CTRRemove.diagcab.CAB
- Go to the download location and open the CAB file using 7-Zip or similar.
- Extract OffScrub_O16msi.vbs
- Done! Now you can run the script either manually on a computer or most likely as part of another script deployed through ConfigMgr 🙂